Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, June 8, 2020

Snap Crackle Pop

Now this was a crazy week. Let us begin. 

About a month and a half ago I was riding my bike down the street. I let go or something happened and I fell down and crashed. I assumed I just sprained my wrist. I iced it and stuff but kept using it. I just realized this week that is still mega hurts. I thought, "that's not right". I called the Mission nurse and she said, "Yeah, that ain't good. Let's get you a doctors appointment". I went in and got it all checked out. I got X-rays and such. The doctor told me it could be fractured. I didn't want that. I got the results of the X-ray and it is, in fact, broken. The nurse told me how to help it and to get an appointment with a surgeon. Scary. I went to the hospital for the 3rd time this week and got crazy news. Ok, so it turns out I broke my Scaphoid bone in half. That is not a good bone to break. It does not get a lot of blood to it, and you need blood to heal. Crazy how the body works right? He told me, “This is not good. You have two options:
1. You can wear a cast for 6 weeks to possibly 8 months, but there is a 20% chance it doesn't help, or 2. You can get surgery this week and have a shorter recovery, but you can possibly get sent home because even with surgery there is a 5-10% chance it doesn't help". What a day! I didn't know what to do. He left the room and I just sat there. I thought, "Huh, maybe I’m going home next week". That was a wild thought. Then the doc comes back in and tells me that there is a good chance it will heal because I am young and healthy. He told me I will get a cast and see if anything changes. So, now I have a bright pink cast on. I will have this cast for 3 weeks then go back to the doctor. I will get another X-ray and if it is not better I'm getting surgery and possibly going home. Depends on the nurse and the doctor, but we shall see. So that was pretty exiting. 

I'll say it. My mission has been pretty wack. From thinking I'm going to Thailand to going to Gilbert to living inside for 83 days straight to having a cast and maybe getting surgery. Now this is a true adventure. I love it. 

Besides that. we have been able to have “Come, Follow Me” lessons every week with the 2 wards we cover. This week a lady in our wards said there are some people that are really ugly on the outside, but beautiful on the inside. She then began to name all these ugly people in her life including her cousins. She's the best. 

So, this week was pretty exciting.  I’ll let you know if any more news comes out about my janky wrist. I know God has a plan for us and evidently part of that plan is that I have a broken Scaphoid bone. He loves you and of course I love you!

Have a mega good week. Don't ride bikes. They'll snap your scaphoid. You don't want that. BYE BYE

Slay Out
Elder Slavens
Elder Pinky
Elder Scaphoid

2 Nephi 18:9 This scriptures is about Wizards. Wizards are true and so is the Church.
2 Nephi 24:11 And this verse talks about worms. The scriptures can be weird sometimes. 

อย่าหักแขนของคุณมันไม่สนุกผมไม่แนะนำให้ใครเลย แต่นักแสดงสีชมพูของผมเท่ห์
Don't break your arms. It's not fun. I do not recommend to anyone ever, but my pink cast is cool

Pre cast me and Elder Weston ft. brace. This is a sign by this huge park. 
I think these pictures are pretty cool. I don't know about you tho. 


Mid casting. At this stage I was confused and was deciding what color I wanted.


Cast boy. Don't mess with Elder Scaphoid. 
His wrists are weak but his heart is strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment