Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, June 29, 2020

yeah, i am still inside

I'm glad you guys keep coming back for more. If you are reading this, thanks. Tips highly recommended and appreciated. And by tips I mean Spongebob quotes or Jamba Juice. I love those things. They bring me happiness. 

This week I just want to congratulate myself. I made it to 100 days inside a house. I would like to thank myself for not going crazy. I won't lie, it's been pretty hard at times. I want to be outside but I am SO SO happy. I have the best companion in the world and the best apartment ever. That helps a lot. But the moment we can go outside I will never come inside again. I will sleep outside. No joke. Inside blows.

Elder Weston and I are covering 2 wards. When you are serving from the inside, calling people all day every day, it ain't that many people. We have called and had lessons with almost everyone. Some people didn't answer and never will. So from here we are taking a break from having lessons and are going to do something else. We aren't sure what that thing will be, but I may be even more bored now. So that's a bummer. We shall see. 

I still have a cast. Cool right! It stinks and is really sweaty. I am going to the doctor this Wednesday. I will get another X-ray and we shall see how she's doing. If the ol' Scaphoid isn't healed I may need surgery. If she is doing good I will continue with the cast life. I am kinda excited to see. If I get new cast I may get purple. That would be exciting!

Thai is hard to study. I get an hour a day but it is tough stuff. I try to read the Book of Mormon every day in Thai. I still don't understand anything. You might think, “This boy’s been out for almost 6 months.  He's gotta be good at Thai by now.” Nah, he isn't good. Sad boy. 

That's all I've done this week. We made a couple videos about the Book of Mormon. I love that book. Read it please. Have a good good good good week. 

Elder Slay
Elder 100 day guy
Elder Peanut Butter

ผมมักจะทำไก่เป็นอาหารกลางวันทุกสัปดาห์แต่สัปดาห์นี้ผมขี้เกียจดังนั้นผมจึงซื้อ Cheerios ผมรัก Cheerios.
Every week I usually make chicken for lunch, but this week I am lazy so I bought Cheerios. I love Cheerios.


Today we went on a hike. I enjoy hikes. This is me. My name is Elder Slavens for those who don't know me. I love rocks and I love Jesus. 


We had another Photoshoot. I guess you can say we are pretty photogenic. We love the camera, the camera loves us. 


This is the sky. It's above you. Look up.  I dare you. I promise it will be there. If it's not email me. I'll help you find it. 


This is us hike boys getting outside and being all active and stuff. Pretty nice right? yeah. 


My all time favorite food is Peanut Butter. I just really enjoy the taste, smell, and feeling of PB. While this was fun, I do not recommend to those who don't want to shower for years to be clean once again. 


On the 100th day anniversary on being trapped inside we threw a party. We made a cake with 100 candles. It was covered in so much wax nobody ate it. At least the party was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment