Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Queen Creek loves me

I Trenton J Slavens am back to write another email. This day I am writing you an email from a big soft leather chair in my house. Pretty cool right. Well it feels good to be back and I am excited to be writing you again. 


This week was kinda NUTS. Big changes and lots of exciting things. So one of the biggest things was Elder Waldrop is out of here. We got the call so Elder Waldrop is training and now I have a new companion. His name is Elder Pierson and he is from Southern California, cool. This is his original mission so that's pretty fun and he's been out like 16 months so he knows what he is doing. We got put together randomly and had to adjust and start teaching knowing the real transfers were coming so we could be moved again. Luckily we just had transfers and nothing changed so we are still together. That's why Queen Creek loves me. This will be my 4th transfer here so like almost 6 months in the same area. That's a long time. This is my 5th companion here. Fun. 


So I talked about this a little last week but in church 2 people came up to us and asked if we could teach the girlfriend. Still like crazy to me. Well we went over and started teaching her and she is like so amazing. Her name is Brittany and she legit said, "Well to be honest I know I want to be baptized, I just want to learn everything and make sure I understand." We were like, "Ok cool sounds good." So that is amazing. She told us she searched for us and wanted to learn. So we are excited to continue teaching her. There are also a few other people we may start teaching soon so that is very exciting. I am very happy for all of this. I have not seen tons of progress here. Like I have when Angela was baptized but now the work is moving crazy fast. I love it!


Since we have 2 new bishops now we got to meet with them and talk about missionary work. They didn't really know what they were doing so that was fun. They are learning and it's all good. You got 5 years you will figure it out! So we had lessons with them and other members and lots of dinners this week. Again meeting in person is the best. Stay away Corona please and thanks. 


Well that's about it. There are still lots of missionaries coming into this mission. We are at about almost 250 missionaries in this tiny mission. Our mission is only 45 minutes from the top to bottom. It should have around 150 people, but I guess 250 people works too. It is the best! Well I love you all and hope you enjoy your week. I will too. Slay out. 

Elder Slayvein
Elder Queen
Elder Not Too Tan Anymore Cus Inside Stinks

3 Nephi 7:8 Can someone please explain what, "like a dog to his vomit" means. Thanks. I'm like what is this? Thanks again.

ผมเหนื่อยง่ายมากดังนั้นผมจึงงีบหลังอาหารกลางวันและอาหารเย็นดีมากแนะนำเลย
I get tired very easy so I take a nap after lunch and dinner.  It is very nice I recommend it.


This is Elder Pierson and I. You can tell he is stronger than me. 
How sad is that. I need to eat more chicken or something. Well actually sometimes 
he doesn't eat dinner and he works out instead. Now that is dedication. Dang.


Hello this is us. Elder Slavens, Pierson, Grajek, Erb. It is nice to meet you. 
We love The Book of Mormon and we love long romantic car drives. 


One day I was laying on the floor and said I wonder how Elder Hall is doing. 
Not 20 seconds later he walked in the house. It was the craziest experience of my life. 
I almost cried I was so happy. Also ignore my nametag. 
Just pretend it's a crazy language that's why it looks upside down.


I got to have a language study with some people from the MTC. So cute of us. But RIP me I suck at Thai, but that's fine I'll learn someday. Good luck Tren. 

No comments:

Post a Comment