Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Fred Texas and Fred Bernhardt I do adore you.

Dear Everyone, 

I really do love exciting weeks. Not only because it makes it exciting and a big change for me, but it also makes it a better email and experience for you. I say this because it was a super boring week and I'm excited for a crazy week were something unexpected happens. oh jk that was this week. Buckle up please and keep your hands inside of the vehicle. Enjoy. 


So week started normal with Elder Winder enjoying life being good missionaries you know. Normal stuff. Tuesday we get a call from the mission president and he starts talking to us then says, "Ok well here is the real reason I am calling right now". So he tells us that an Elder was going back to his original mission call so I was being moved to take his place. They call this an emergency transfer when you get moved randomly. I've only been here about a month and I am already being moved. So that day Elder Winder and I had to pack and had our final fun work day before I left. I then was taken from Pasadena, Texas all the way to the boarder of Texas and Louisiana. I am now in a town called Fred, Texas. Fred, Texas let me tell you about it. I am living in a town with a population of 700 or less. I am currently living in a trailer home. It is a huge trailer home for just 2 of us but still. Fred has nothing. It is just large long highways and then some houses. No parks no stores nothing. I think I heard there are like 2 big restaurants here and I already went to 1 so I've seen 50% of what this town has to offer already. 


My new companions new is Elder Stokey. He is from Heber, Utah, loves trying to catch snakes, and is going home in 4 weeks. So I am his final companion. While there isn't much here I am making us work a lot. We are teaching 2 people Autumn, and Jessie. They are married with 3 kids that love to play in the dirt. I think that's most kids in the world but especially in Fred, Texas people love dirt. We have gone to their house just a few times and we always have to kill wasps with bats and it is very exciting. We also go to our branch presidents house a few times a week. Super cool family. The dad is a high school teacher and he teachers science and chemistry and I legit hated those classes and I told him that I don't like those and he said, "hmm I'm starting to understand what you were like as a student". Now what does that mean. I am not sure but it hurt. He also told me how students are cheating now. I am learning so much on my mission! But yeah Fred is cool for sure but very different. Went from a huge area with lots of people to a bigger area with like 18 people here. Its a change but it's super good for me. 


It's getting hotter in Texas so lots of mosquitos and I hate those things. They are everywhere. We also have bugs in our trailer here don't worry.  We are right off the highway so all night there are cars zipping by our house. It's like nice sleeping noise. I don't mind. One day this week our air conditioning went out and I did mind that. We had to sleep at some other missionaries apartments and of course they were 40 minutes away. I am in the middle of nowhere. Also my moms uncles name is Fred Bernhardt so I thought that was cool. I love Fred and Fred!


Ok but finally we don't have a ton going on here but I am trying to get us moving and doing everything we can to find as many people as we can teach. At the same time if anyone knows of anyone that wants a message of peace or hope please please let me know. I am a pretty positive guy I can for sure help your friends. I am not saying this as a "I AM A MISSIONARY AND WANT TO TEACH YOUR FRIENDS" no I just am a friend and if you have someone that needs it, or wants God in their life, that is why I am serving a mission so please i'm here to help. 


So yeah that's about it. I know for sure I will have crazy stories here so stay tuned. Love you guys have a good Texan week. Yee haw. Enjoy life and enjoy the non-mosquito life you live. It's good. Don't take it for granted. 


Elder Slavens

Elder Fred

Elder Ton Loan

Elder Missionary



ร้านอาหารที่ผมกินที่ใน Fred มีเครื่องปรับอากาศที่แข็งแกร่งที่ทำให้ผมล้มลงผมมีขนลุกทุกมื้อมันเหมือนห้องนม Costco แค่เย็นชาและน่าสังเวชไม่ละขอบคุณ

The restaurant I ate at in Fred had such a strong air conditioning unit that blasted directly on me I had goosebumps all dinner. It is like the Costco milk room. Just cold and miserable. No thank you


Doctrine and Covenants 58:27

Read this and was like yeah that is true. We are rewarded by our good works so yeah we do need to do good works every day. Be engaged! 



Bye bye Elder Winder. You were fun. I said bye to you today. Enjoy life in Pasadena, Texas not Pasadena, California.

 


This is Elder Slavens and Elder Stokey. Yes we have a lot of boxes in the back of our truck but no we are not affiliated with FedEx or UPS. We just love to help other people.  



Sure this picture may look boring to you but this is the room I spend every morning working out. We have 3 bedrooms in this place so I can have my own room with nothing in it where I can spend my mornings. Love it!



I took this picture and immediately said, "This for sure is my favorite picture I took this transfer". I just know what I like and I know I like this one. I mean just look at it. C'mon!



A candid picture of a dog and I. Her name is Jet or Jessie idk they call her both names so I just call her You. "Hey You come here". It's so weird that I say that and everyone in the house walks over to me. Odd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment