Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, June 14, 2021

Elder Slay may have OCD we are unsure

Alright yee haw welcome everyone. Ok I have so much so say so I have to just get started. This was a wild week. Did lots, learned lots, saw lots. Gotta love Texas and missions in general. 

Ok where to start. So to explain the subject line. You may think, "hmm that's a little odd". Well to explain for some reason both here and in Arizona missionaries just do not clean apartments, like never. Maybe it's just who I have been with but nobody is clean anymore. Our trailer here is just nasty. One day I spend 3 hours just deep cleaning. Scrubbing stuff, throwing stuff away like all the good stuff. Somehow every mission house i've ever been in has tons of Tupperware and plastic Walmart bags. I found a cupboard with at least a thousand old Walmart bags. Like why. And alot of Tupperware with no lids or no matches. So odd. But I was cleaning and cleaning and thought, "Do I have OCD". No I don’t. I am just normal and like clean houses. Well maybe normal isn't right apparently but you get it. Next I thought "Whoever my future wife is, you are welcome because cleaning is something I enjoy”.  Also as I cleaned I realized there were white worm maggot things on our ground. I was sweeping worms off the floor. Gross and it was definitely not something I wanted to see. Also I grabbed a bowl out of the dishwasher and a large cockroach ran out and hid in the door of the washer. I thought, "Well that's unfortunate". I just started the washer again and hope that fixes the problem. Exciting. 


Ok next. This week Elder Alliaud of the Quorum of the 70 did a mission tour of our mission. We had a zoom meeting with him and his wife and then we all got to meet together as a mission to have a big mission zone conference. It was so amazing. Driving there I though, "Wow I really don't know that many people here what am I going to do". Boy I was wrong I knew so many people I guess and people I didn't even know knew about me and wanted to be friends. I guess I am just a popular guy. Everyone wants to be my friend. Who knew I could become so famous in like a month in a half not me. But anyway it was an amazing meeting about faith, and the Book of Mormon, and testimonies, and helping others. Like so much in just a little meeting. 


INSTAGRAM ALERT. Ok if you or your friends are looking for a cool account to follow I recommend you follow trenton.slavens on instagram. I got a missionary instagram and it's so exciting. I am trying to find people with this app now. Haven't seen tons of success yet but I have faith.


Finally, last week I got a few bug bits on my arms and legs. I was like, "Ok that's normal it's Texas". Well the next few days they started to get bigger and blister up. At this point I realized this was probably wrong. I called the nurse and she said, "Ok Elder Slavens, you may have ringworm so you are going to need to drive an hour today to go to the doctor". That was exciting. I went to the doctor and of course I am fine. They may be mosquito bites or ant bites or something I am not sure but they said I will be fine. The best part is this is my second ring worm scare. I had a bite in Arizona with a ring around it and now this. Ring worms that aren't ring worms love me! 


Well that's about it. I have good pictures this week so I suggest you take a peek. Love you and miss you. Yee haw cowboys and cowgirls. Have a wonderful week. 


Elder Slay

Elder OCD

Elder You Are Welcome Wife

Elder Ring Worm 2.0

Elder @trenton.slavens On Instagram


Romans 8:17 We are all children of God.


 ถ้าคุณเคยนั่งอยู่ที่นั่นและคิดว่า อืม ผมจะช่วยเอ็ลเดอร์สะเลเว็นส์ตอนนี้ได้อย่างไร ผมบอกคุณได้มะพร้าว La Croix.  ถ้าคุณต้องการส่งอะไรมาให้ผมส่งมาได้เลยและผมจะกอดคุณอย่างแน่นอนเมื่อผมกลับถึงบ้านและผมจะเขียนจดหมายดีๆที่มีรูปภาพให้คุณถ้าผมอยู่ในนั้น  ขอบคุณ.

If you are ever sitting there and think hmm how could I help Elder Slavens right now. I can tell you. Coconut La Croix. If you want to send me something send me that and I'll for sure give you a hug when I get home and I'll write you a nice letter with a picture if me in it. Thanks



Repent Across America oh boy. Ok so we teaching this lady named Dawn. She told us about a repentance event and we said awesome we will be there. Assumed we would just be talked to tons of people about Jesus and repentance. Wrong. It was just a live concert for 6 people. 

Still loved it. I hope you can see that video. If not please let me know cause it's good. 



Elder Alliaud and I are such good buddies. We go way back. 

When we met in person I complimented his tie. So kind of me!



Elder Slavens at the doctor. This picture actually makes it look like I am about to die but 

since I am typing this right now I am in fact not dead. 



This is from a little place called Chuck's. Everyone in the mission talks about this place so much. Sure Texas is hot and humid but they do have some good barbecue.



Welcome to the Texas Houston East mission missionaries. There are a lot of us and we all love each other. If you see me congrats because there are a lot of people here. If you know any of these people let me know. We could have one of those times where you say, 

"Oh wow small world". Could be fun!



After the cleaning spree. Cleaned 3 rooms and a kitchen and bathrooms. 

Way to go Elder Slavens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment