Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

the elder with the ringworm

Ok so this is quite unfortunate. I wrote my whole weekly email today, and then tried to sent it out but oddly when I pressed send it was sending then deleted itself. So now I have to rewrite everything. I hope I cover everything but you know trials come in our life. Gotta find the positives so I guess you guys didn't need to read that email. So welcome to this new and improved weekly email 2.0! 

Oh Fred, Texas. So small, so wonderful. I am still here and I am still alive. I love my life and I love my mission. Now let's get into it. I have one very very interesting story this week. I hope you enjoy it. So last week I told you about my ringworm scare. I have an update on that story. So some background again if you forgot or didn't read my last email. Last transfer Elder Winder and I found a cat under our car so we took it home, fed it and gave it to some people we were teaching. That part was great. Well a week ago or so I got a lot of mosquito bites and some of them turned into blisters. I thought that's odd went to the doctor and he said I was fine. Here we go. Drumroll please. Well Elder Winder calls me this week and says," Hey so you know those blisters you have on your arm? Well I have them and the people we were teaching have then and their dog has them. It is ringworm." So apparently I've had ringworm this whole time and had no clue. I learned ringworm is a contagious fungus that lives in you. Exciting! Well I have that but don't worry I am taking medicine. Wild but hey I feel fine my arm and legs just look nasty. 


Also this week I got to go on exchanges with some other Elders. It is basically where you switch companions for a little bit. Well we had a good day and then their car was having trouble so we had to take it into the shop. We had to leave it there for 2 days to get fixed so we were stranded at this automobile fixing place. Super exciting. We got it all figured out but when we went to get the car back we got there and realized we had 2 of us and 2 cars. So we got permission to drive alone. The best day ever. I am a unique person with the unique ability to drive alone. It is very weird that that is something that is wrong now. Like WHAT you drove by yourself! You are crazy! Yes I drove alone and I closely followed my companion while driving the speed limit. Wild! Still a wonderful memory. 


Well last time I wrote this email I think I had something else but I totally forgot what it was so I guess this is the end of the road for you. All I can say is don't get a stray cat, don't drive alone unless you have permission, and DO get the BTS meal from McDonald's. I promise it will change your life. Chicken nuggets with Cajun and Sweet Chili sauce. WOW! Yeah that's all. Ok everyone have a good safe fun exciting wonderful yee haw kind of a week. Love you bye bye. 


Elder Slavens 

Elder Confirmed Ringworm 

Elder BTS

Elder Oh You Are From California, I Am Sorry. 

Everyone Here Hates California But It's Ok I Still Love It. 


Doctrine and Covenants 66:6 This is a good one for all you wild people out there.  

สวัสดีทุกคนผมเองและครั้งที่สองในอีเมลฉบับเดียวผมจะบอกคุณว่าต้องซื้ออาหาร BTS ราคาไม่แพงและอร่อยได้รับมัน

hello everyone it's me and for the second time in one email I am going to tell you to get the BTS meal it's not that expensive and it's yummy. get it.



Nice to meet you, we are Elder Merriam and Elder Slavens. We love to drive cars by ourselves!



This is my best friend. I took a picture of Elder Stokey and I when this lady runs up and says, "Take another one, I missed it!" I've never been happier than I was when she said that. 



I always love it when I take off my hat and get to see what my hair wants to do today. I look like Jim Carrey in the movie Ace Ventura. Hurray for me! 



The BTS meal. This meal has a very special place in my heart. When they say happy meal I just think of this food. Not the toy but the yummy sauce. 



That moment when you get to give a devotional to a group of kids in Peru. Thank you HEFY and thank you mom for letting me do this. So kind! 


No comments:

Post a Comment