Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, April 13, 2015

Deh Spurrt Tushd Me Herrt End Me Sull

Hola compadres and family-o peoples!

Shoot I have like no time this week that really blows. Well hopefully as I sit here typing a mile a minute I can say something at least moderately inspiring and touching so that all of you still understand that I'm digging my mission like tons.

Actually, can I just take a second and say like for reals though? Like, I've just been thinking a lot about my mission and how it has changed me and as I reflect on the person I once was and the person I currently am I'm just baffled. I mean, I still am the pitts, and I have quite a long ways to go before I can even start considering myself worthy to put on the name tag that I do every day, but isn't that what life is all about? On my mission I'm held to a standard that no mortal can really live up to properly - we're talking representing Jesus Christ, and that means doing, saying, and being what He would were He here. Though this may seem stressful and impossible to really reach, I'm recognizing a little more every day that I'm not expected to be perfect. But I am expected to change. And I'm expected to try. So that has become the theme of the last 3 months on my mission: change as much as I can in the best way possible and be on a steep upward climb by the time I'm called to return home. I truly believe that my heart is changing and that I'm finally starting to become what my Father in Heaven sees possible. Again, I'm so dang far from that it's loco, but all the same I am moving, and that's all He asks. I love that.

That was a weird rant I suppose. But hey, I'm learning things out here that I know I never would have learned otherwise. Thank goodness for my mission! Peace out all you yung starz, keep it real!

Elder Slavens <1B6.gif>

No comments:

Post a Comment