Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, May 3, 2015

We've been here before... We're going in circles!

The world is changing... I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air... Elder Slavens must be becoming a stronger Elder day by day.
 
Yes. It is true. I am becoming more powerful. More powerful than ever. Not only my thighs. But spiritually as well.
Ok. So this week was just so cool. So dope, man. We had some really good lessons. In our English class this week, we taught all of our students "Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ATE 9!" and they didn't get it at all. In one lesson to this awesome family, one of the kids cut his hand on something, so he ran inside and came back with a needle and some thread. He then commenced to sew up his hand in the middle of the lesson. I want you all to imagine this other lesson we had. Imagine reading the scriptures with someone in their house, and then all of the sudden a cow walks in to the house, stares at you, burps, turns around, and leaves. Best lesson of my life. We have an investigator who is having a couple of troubles, but luckily we were able to get to his house and teach him. But it was really too bad his neighbor was getting married, because they had a huge party next door with music bumping so loud, that you couldn't hear yourself. What were the lyrics, you ask? Yup. The F word over and over again. But when you focus real hard, you can still feel the spirit. I promise.
 
Battambang has started stormin up somethin real good, recently. It gets super windy, and I almost get pushed off my bike, and when I open my eyes, I get a coating of dirt on my eyeballs. There's always a coating of dirt on my teeth now. But the best is when it starts raining. All the Cambodians put on their panchos and when they get going fast on their motos it looks like the swarm of dementors by the black lake in the Prisoner of Azkaban! The rain is INTENSE!! It's the best! The rats have definitely started trying to take cover too. You can hear them all the time above our ceiling tiles. One day a tile will brake and it's gonna be just like the scene in Ratatouille tee hee.
 
Do you all remember the investigator I told you about who said he had 4 wives, one more on the way, and then he just left and we never heard from him again? Well, he's back. Not back in Battambang. He just called us to let us know that he is going to the young single adults activity that is happening in the main city, Phnom Penh. So that's pretty cool he is still interested in the church! But I'm afraid he might leave the activity with a couple more wives... 5 isn't enough. He is seriously the man. I love all of our investigators and all the members. They are so crazy!
 
Being out here and teaching is so awesome! This week we had the oppurtunity to fast on Fast Sunday, and MAN was that special! When you have specific reasons for fasting it is way cool! You can see the miracles that comes from it. So next month, everyone should be fassting like crazy. I love you all! You are all my best friends! Stay fr3sh
 
Elder Slavens
PS you should all be jealous because Demi Lavato will be performing in Cambodia on May 5th. You can imagine how stoked I am.


An Elder who lived in the house I'm in before me left behind some treasures. I claimed every last one of them.


#iPhoneScreenSaver?


5 people on one moto is the record so far, I think. They're all pretty small, though. 
I'll keep you updated when I see more record breakers.


My dope zone

No comments:

Post a Comment